Faith Christian Academy has entered into a partnership with Central Christian College of Kansas (CCC) to offer several classes for dual-credit. Central Christian College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
In this program, students can earn both high school and college credit, at the same time, for a reduced college tuition rate. Students may earn up to a maximum of 24 hours of credit. Current dual-credit classes (subject to change each year) offered to juniors and seniors for the 2017 -2018 school year are:
- (2 credits) American Literature (11th grade) = college credit for EN-LT 205 Intro to Literature
- (3 credits) Civics (12th grade spring semester) = SS-PO 203 American Government
- (3 credits) Worldview IV (12th grade) = college credit for MT-PH 364 Contemporary Culture
- (3 credits) Advanced Literature (12th grade fall semester) = college credit for EN-CP 103 English Composition I
- (3 credits) Advanced Literature (12th grade spring semester) = college credit for EN-CP 104 English Composition II
Dual-credit classes are offered simultaneously with these regular FCA classes. They are taught on the FCA campus by FCA teachers who serve as adjunct faculty with CCC. The work load is the same – there is no additional work required to get college credit. There is, however, a fee of $85 (per credit hour), in addition to FCA tuition, that will be paid by FCA to Central Christian College of Kansas. This fee is significantly less than what a student will be charged for each class once in college.
Enrollment for Dual Credits takes place each fall online. Juniors and seniors will be notified by email when registration opens. Contact FCA’s College & Career Counselor, Monica Hicks, for more information about this program: email@example.com