Faith Christian Academy has entered into a partnership with Central Christian College of Kansas (CCC) to offer several classes for dual-credit. Central Christian College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
In this program, students can earn both high school and college credit, at the same time, for a reduced college tuition rate. Students may earn up to a maximum of 24 hours of credit. Current dual-credit classes (subject to change each year) offered to juniors and seniors are:
- (2 credits) Advanced Literature = college credit for EN-LT 205 Intro to Literature
- (3 credits) Civics = SS-PO 203 American Government
- (3 credits) Political Theory = college credit for PH 261 Intro to Philosophy
- (3 credits) Psychology = college credit for SS-PY 110 General Psychology
- (3 credits) Rhetoric II = college credit for CO-CO 211 Principles of Speech
- (4 credits) Spanish III = college credit for HU-FL 108 Spanish
- (3 credits) Trigonometry = college credit for NS-MA 105 College Trig & Analytical Geometry
- (3 credits) Worldview III = college credit for MT-TH 250 Intro to Spiritual Formation
- (3 credits) Worldview IV = college credit for MT-PH 364 Contemporary Culture
- (4 credits) Calculus = college credit for NS-MA 111 Calculus
- (4 credits) Chemistry = college credit for NS-CH 111 Chemistry (not a lab credit)
Dual-credit classes are offered simultaneously with these regular FCA classes. They are taught on the FCA campus by FCA teachers who serve as adjunct faculty with CCC. The work load is the same – there is no additional work required to get college credit. There is, however, a fee of $85 (per credit hour), in addition to FCA tuition, that will be paid by FCA to Central Christian College of Kansas. This fee is significantly less than what a student will be charged for each class once in college.
Enrollment for Dual Credits takes place each fall online. Juniors and seniors will be notified by email when registration opens. Contact FCA’s College & Career Counselor, Monica Hicks, for more information about this program: firstname.lastname@example.org